Friday, April 26, 2013

Weight Log for May 18 Meet

One of the main reasons to compete in a sport is to provide accountability for progress.  On a certain date, you have to show up, weigh in and lift.  Titles, medals, and personal pride on the line.  Friends watching, results published.  Anyone can work out, but athletes come to point where they have to show what they've got.  My next such event is in 22 days, on May 18.  This post is a log to track my weight.  I've let my eating go, and put on a few pounds in the last few weeks.

My immediate goal is to get back under 187 pounds (85k).  My long term goal is to make 80k (under 176 lb.) at the meet.  If I can get under 80k, then I only need 60 reps to rank in both WKC and USAKL, and I'm much more comfortable at a 6rpm pace than 8rpm, particularly with the 24k's.

Time to lay it all out: Today I'm 190, so I need to lose 5 pounds for my immediate goal, and 15 pounds in 22 days for my long term goal. My bodyfat is 22%, so I'm carrying almost 42 pounds of fat.  From a bodyfat/calorie perspective, I need to create a deficit of 52,500 calories in 22 days, or 2,386 calories a day.  This sounds quite high, but I also know that funny things happen when I drop white carbs and dairy, and chug water.  I've dropped 6 pounds in a week doing the slow-carb diet before, and I know I did not have a deficit of 3,000 calories a day.  My body seems to respond well to moderate amounts of clean, healthy food. 

Date:                 Weight:
4/26                    190
4/27                    188.25
4/28                    188
4/29                    187
4/30                    187.25
5/1                      188- moving the wrong direction!
5/2                      187
5/3                      186
5/4                      185.5- Down four and half pounds in nine days.  Not bad, but not moving fast enough for my goal.  I need another 11 pounds in 14 days.
5/5-                     did not weigh. 
5/6                      188.  Really bad weekend, diet-wise.  Had to eat out several times, and attend a graduation reception.  I also ate and drank a little before I weighed, so it may read a little high.  Hopefully, this will come off in the next day or so.
5/7                      186
5/8                      188
5/9                      188 
5/10                    186
5/15                    185- a little lax in weighing the last few days.  I'll make 85k no problem, but definitely not 80k.  Bodyfat: 17.5%, which means I've lost 10 pounds of fat in about 3 weeks, and gained some muscle.  This explains a lot: I've mostly eaten very well, but have not seen the weight come off.  During this time, I've also transitioned to the 24k kettlebells after seldom using them.  I've been burning fat, but I've also put on muscle, adapting to the new bells.
5/16                   187- salty pizza for lunch- it's staying with me!

5/18- meet day!  Weighed 184.5 in my underwear at home, and my official weigh in weight with t shirt and sweatpants was 84.2k, or just over 185.  Made my weight class.  Ate some pizza, a hamburger, and a doughnut after the meet, just because I could.  I'd still like to get to 175, so I'll get back on the wagon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment