Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Long Swing Sets

Since my immediate goal includes earning Rank II in the snatch with USA Kettlebell Lifting (http://www.usakl.com/), I've been working long swing sets with one hand switch. I'm using them along with Clean and Presses and pullups, Enter the Kettlebell style, with the goal of increasing overall strength while increasing my snatch numbers. Instead of rolling the dice and doing hardstyle swings, I'm doing sport style, or fluid swings (resist the urge to call them soft style- there is nothing soft about them!)

My best is 60/60, and my snatch goal is 55/55 with the 24k. I plan to increase my swings to 75/75, and continue snatching on my easy days. I shot this film to critique my technique, and I already see a lot to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment