Monday, December 5, 2011

Lift Stuff Everywhere You Go!

This weekend I went with Dawn to sell her amazing goat milk soap and lotion products at an event at Whipporwhil Village, a reconstructed colonial farmstead in the mountains of Wilkes County.  The owner has brought in cabins, churches, and artifacts, some which date back to the 1700's.  It's a "hands-on history" kind of place.  As I was looking around, I found a great old anvil in the blacksmith shop.  What should a man do with such an anvil, but pick it up? I estimate it around 200 pounds.  Not extremely heavy- just a lot of fun to lift (almost as much fun as giving out lotion samples!) A Zercher deadlift was in order.  I lifted it probably 5-6 times. I wish I had time to carry it around some!  I wonder how many generations of men got strong hammering on that anvil?



Isaac is following in my footsteps.  He has not lifted much, but last week at the feed store he grabbed two 50 pound bags of feed and carried them about 20 feet.  Not bad for a 95 pound kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment