Thursday, May 3, 2012

100 Jerks

Hit a milestone today- 100 double jerks with 12k.  I hit a consistent 10 rpm for 10 minutes.  My previous best was 10 minutes @ 8 rpm, for 80 jerks.  I felt much stronger in this set, though the last four minutes were pretty tough.  I'll continue working these high rep sets with the 12k bells for a while, until I can handle it without too much struggle.  The last minute was a struggle, so when I can go all 10 minutes and feel ready for more, I'll bump up the weight.

It's nice to be hitting 100 jerks and 100/100 snatches.  I feel like a girevik, reaching triple digits in 10 minute sets.  These are great conditioning workouts, and I don't feel beat up afterwards.  The heavier weights will come in time.  I've focused on strength for so long, that it's been hard to go lighter and longer, but now that I'm doing it, I really like it!

A little rest, then 200 snatches are waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment