Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 30 2016 training Update









It’s been a while since I’ve posted a training video
update.  Today’s session was the second
hardest in my current cycle.  Next
session is a peak before a taper, then a test for 50 reps long cycle with
2x24k.


Training is great!  I’m
down to 178, and expect to compete in the 78k weight class in Charlotte in
October.  Since this is an AKA meet, 53
reps gets me Rank 1. I felt like I could have gotten 50 reps today, even after
a set with the 28k’s. I’ve never felt this strong and smooth with the green
bells. The purples have never felt lighter. I’m confident of getting 50+ reps
at the end of this cycle.  The next
cycle, I plan to alternate 6/5 reps per minute, and shoot for 55+.


I’ve been working on my cardio through occasional running, pushing a lawnmower,
and lots of swing intervals, in addition to long cycle training.  I'm doing lots of bodyweight training (I've done as many as 90 pushups in one set), and dumbbell rehab work for my elbow.  No aches and pains.  I've never performed this well and felt this good at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment