Sunday, October 16, 2011

Certified Kettlebell Instructor

I just received my Certified Kettlebell Instructor (CKI)  certificate from the Association of Tactical Strength and Conditioning Instructors.  Like everything Nico Rithner does, it's first class!  I'm proud of the hard work that went into my certification process, and thankful for the treatment Nico gave all the candidates.  His certification featured kettlebell lifting at its finest, with applications for kettlebell sport, strength and conditioning for tactical or sporting purposes, and specialized applications.  His material covered exercise physiology, biomechanics, injury prevention, program planning, and hands-on instruction in numerous lifts. I've been lifting weights for years, and lifting kettlebells since 2006, but this weekend tied together all my training and study into a coherent system of thought. There are many good certification programs out there for kettlebell instructors, and based on my experience, I'd put the ATSCI certification right up there with the best of them.  It's the only one I know that that is accredited for continuing education credits from the American Council on Exercise, the National Academy of Sports Medicine, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.

2 comments: