Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Friday's Coming!

I set a goal some time back of earning Rank II in the snatch by the end of September.  When I set this goal two months ago, I had just earned Rank III, by completing 53 snatches per arm with the 20k/44lb. kettlebell.  To make Rank II, I need to hit 53/53 with the 24k/53lb. weight.  My best is 45/45, so I'm 16 reps off, and September ends this Friday.  Will I make it?  I don't know.  But come Friday, the camera will be rolling in my basement dungeon of pain, and we'll see what happens.  I'll either make it, or drop the kettlebell on my head trying!

But here's the thing about setting goals and trying to reach them: two months ago, when I set that goal, my best with the 24k was 25 snatches per arm!  I've added 20 reps per arm in two months training for this goal.  That's serious progress!  If I don't make it this Friday, I'll set a new goal, and train hard for it.  Who knows?  If I had not set this goal, perhaps I'd still be playing around with the 20k?  This goal has made me stronger, physically and mentally.

What are your goals?  Put a timeline on it- a date on the calendar by which you expect to see serious, quantifiable improvement.  Goals will push you to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment